Join YWAMers around the globe in praying and hearing from God. He is inviting you!
As the university school year begins in many places, we invite you to pray for universities. Specifically, pray for university students near you and for YWAM’s campus ministries around the world. YWAM has more than 90 campus ministry locations in countries across the world, such as Nicaragua, Tanzania, and Vietnam.
University World News reported in 2012 that the total number of students around the globe enrolled in higher education was expected to double to 262 million by 2025. Many of these students come from restricted-access nations. They are tomorrow’s world leaders.
. . the university is a key doorway for the Body of Christ to reach and teach the nations – especially through ministry to international students from creative access nations.
YWAM Madison, Wisconsin Student Mobilization Centre website
Prepare to Pray:
- Review some of YWAM’s campus based ministries and their work (see more at the end of this document):
- YWAM Thailand: www.ywamthai.org/ministries#university (pick Campus Ministries from the menu on the right)
- YWAM Madison: www.ywammadison.org/campus
- YWAM Boston: video of a young man who came to Christ through campus ministry: www.facebook.com/aaronmreeves/videos/10200178364527628/
- Make a list of local institutions for higher learning in your area.
- Make a list of students known by you or your location.
- Discuss your local campus based ministries situation. Who are you reaching? What opportunities do you have to reach others?
- Get a picture of international student mobility via this interactive map. It shows where students go and where they come from in each country of the world: uis.unesco.org/Education/Pages/international-student-flow-viz.aspx#sthash.Q6WDGds3.dpuf
Pray for Universities:
Universities and Students Near You
- Pray for eradication of Bible poverty in all universities.
- Pray for university professors and staff and that they would come to know the Lord and develop a biblical worldview.
- Pray for college students to make time for worship and ask that our Father would grant them rich times with Him.
- Pray for wisdom for university students to do well on tests, papers and projects and bring glory to the Lord.
- Pray for solid relationships between students and their parents and for a heart of obedience when students are home.
- Pray for healthy relationships for university students and that believing students would shine the light for unbelievers.
- Pray for purity in thought, word and deed.
- Pray for students to embrace God’s will for their lives.
- Pray that the whole campus from the powerless to the powerful be reached with the whole gospel
- Pray for a biblical worldview to permeate universities through: discipleship schools, small group Bible studies, seminars, and conferences.
- Pray that God would raise students who receive Christ today into future leaders in their nation.
- Pray for the planting of campus fellowships/churches amongst the most unreached immigrant people groups and international students in universities. Pray that those students would be empowered to reach their own people throughout the world.
- As a team, pray for God to reveal opportunities for campus based ministry in your local area.
YWAM’s Campus Based Ministries International
- Pray for YWAM’s Student Mobilization Centre (http://uofn.edu/colleges/uofn-student-mobilisation-centre). The mission of the Student Mobilization Centre is to mobilize university students of all nations on every campus worldwide to God’s purposes for their lives in knowing Him and making Him known through their life’s work.
- Pray for potential student interns and YWAM locations to be linked together through YWAM’s Converge service (www.ywamconverge.org). Converge is an online missions mobilization tool, a searchable registry of internship opportunities.
- Pray for the equipping of new YWAM missionaries through focused training schools, such as the School of University Ministries & Missions.
- Pray that many respond to Christ’s call to universities around the world.
”… teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.”
- Engage university communities both near you and in other countries. Mobilize students to serve and learn about issues of poverty, disease, illiteracy, impure water, human trafficking, domestic violence, drug abuse, homelessness, at risk youth, etc.
- Reach out to international students at a university near your YWAM location.
- Set aside a regular time to prayer walk at local universities.
- Pursue opportunities to partner with YWAM campus ministries. Invite a university ministry team to your location for ministry orientation or host a university ministry seminar at your base to learn how to interact with universities.
- Sign up as a host with Converge to get prequalified student interns for your YWAM ministry: https://ywamconverge.org
- Share on facebook.com/youthwithamission, post a picture and add a comment about how you prayed.
- Go to twitter.com; search for #praywithywam and tweet about your prayer time/post a picture.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know how you prayed and what God revealed to you.
Upcoming Prayer Topics:
- October 13 – A Year of Answered Prayer
- November 10 – Spheres of Society
Don’t Miss The Invitation:
- Sign up for prayer updates. Go to ywam.org, find the “Stay Connected” box on the home page, put in your email address and click “Sign Up.”
- Download prayer updates in a specific language. Go to ywam.org/theinvitation. (Currently available in Spanish, Portuguese, French, Indonesian, Korean or request other languages.)
- Join the conversation about how God is leading in these prayer times. Comment on the Facebook post on the second Thursday at facebook.com/youthwithamission or on Twitter @ywam, hash tag #praywithywam.
- If you sense God giving you a word or a direction for YWAM’s prayer, please contact us: email@example.com.
YWAM Campus Ministry Locations
Some locations have been removed from this list for security reasons.
- Buenos Aires
- Dhaka, BANGLADESH
- Battambang, CAMBODIA – uofnbattambang.com
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Calgary, Alberta, http://ywamcalgaryhockey.ca/
- 4 cities
- Estonia, ESTONIA – http://www.ywamestonia.com/
- Tbilisi, GEORGIA
- Bochum, Germany
- Cologne, GERMANY – jmem-koeln.de
- Tuen Mun, HONG KONG
- Chennai, INDIA
- Greater Noida, INDIA
- Karnataka, Dharwad, INDIA
- Kolkata, INDIA
- Mysore, INDIA
- Pune, INDIA
- Bandung, INDONESIA
- Pontianak, INDONESIA
- Kyoto, JAPAN
- Antananarivo, MADAGASCAR – ywam-madagascar.org
- Fianarantsoa, MADAGASCAR
- Mahajanga, MADAGASCAR
- Toliara, MADAGASCAR
- Kualalumpur, MALAYSIA
- Kuching, MALAYSIA
- Penang, MALAYSIA
- Darkhan, Mongolia
- Daanbaatar, MONGOLIA
- Kathmandu, NEPAL
- Auckland, NEW ZEALAND – www.ywamtam.com
- Antipolo City (Cainta), PHILIPPINES – http://www.ywamatc.com/
- Baguio City, PHILIPPINES – ywamphilippines.org
- Dagupan, PHILIPPINES
- Dumaguete, PHILIPPINES
- General Santos, PHILIPPINES
- Iloilo, PHILIPPINES
- Luzon Island (Batangas Province), Nasugbu, PHILIPPINES
- Valencia, PHILIPPINES
- Irkutsk, Russia
- Cheju, http://www.uofnjeju.org/
- Gunsan, SOUTH KOREA
- Linkoping, SWEDEN
- Dar Es-Salaam, TANZANIA
- Bangkok, THAILAND – http://www.ywamthai.org/
- Chiang Mai, THAILAND – http://ywamcm.com/
- Chiang Rai, THAILAND
- Hat Yai, THAILAND
- Kalasin, THAILAND.
- Khon Kaen, THAILAND
- Khorat, THAILAND
- Mahasarakham, THAILAND
- Ratchathani, THAILAND
- Roiet, THAILAND
- Kampala, UGANDA
- Akron, OH – http://www.ywamakron.com/
- Atlanta, GA
- Boston, MA – http://www.ywamboston.org/
- Madison, WI – http://www.ywammadison.org/dts/udts-2/
- Ocean City, NJ USA – https://ywamconverge.org/
- Phoenix, AZ
- Salem, OR
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Kealakekua, HI USA –
- Puerto La Cruz