Join YWAMers around the globe in praying and hearing from God. He is inviting you!
This month you are invited to pray for areas where YWAM is not, areas where people groups have not yet heard the Gospel. You may want to pray about this specifically related to your location. What countries or cities or people groups has God put on your heart? Prayer suggestions have also been provided for a YWAM pioneering effort in The Horn of Africa where YWAMers are establishing a training and sending center.
Please consider one of YWAM’s foundational values as you pray: Hear God’s voice. “YWAM is committed to creating with God through listening to Him, praying His prayers and obeying His commands in matters, great and small. We are dependent upon hearing His voice as individuals, together in team contexts and in larger corporate gatherings as an integral part of our process for decision making.”
Suggestions for Prayer:
- Where YWAM is not
- Pray for your location’s pioneering efforts. Pray for your teams, for more workers, for courage, for provision, for the Holy Spirit to use your efforts for breakthroughs spiritually, for any way the Lord is leading you to pray.
- Listen for God’s leading regarding new areas, people groups, or ministries that God may be calling you to.
- Pray for fresh, intentional strategies of multiplication in YWAM related to reaching the unreached.
- YWAM pioneering in the Horn of Africa
In 2014 the Lord spoke to a small team of YWAMers to establish a central training and sending location to reach the unreached in and around the Horn of Africa. A team of YWAMers is now working in the Horn with a vision to reach the local community and to raise up believers who will go to the other nations. The nations of focus are: Somalia, Yemen, Djibouti and Eritrea. The YWAM team is currently working with Somali, Yemeni and Afar people who are all less than 2% Christian.
- Pray for the Lord of the Harvest to send forth workers and to multiply teams in His timing.
- Pray for people of peace!
- Please lift up one Somali woman who has recently gone from seeker to believer.
- Pray for new Yemeni brother who is considering doing a DTS. Pray for wisdom, direction, provision, and favor!
- Pray for the unity and boldness for local believers and for them to catch and take ownership of their call and destiny. Pray for the workers to love, empower, and champion them.
- Pray for sensitivity to the Holy Spirit and the obedience and boldness to share and sow generously.
- “Pray that through intercession, together, we would tear down strongholds of the enemy in this land. Declare that the spirit of peace would come, wiping out the spirit of violence and that the spirit of love and adoption would come wiping out the orphan spirit.”
- Pray for encounters within the local terrorist and radical groups. Pray that from there would come “Paul’s,” great apostles for the Kingdom of God.
- Pray for language learning for the team.
- 99.92% Muslim, .08% Christian
- One of the world’s least evangelized countries
- 14 languages, only one of which has Scripture
- 50.26% Muslim, 47.31% Christian, 1.87% non-religious
- Literacy rate 56.7%
- Four recognized religions: Sunni Islam, Eritrean Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Lutheran – all other religious groups have been persecuted with increasing intensity since 2002
- Several decades of conflict with Ethiopia
- 97.03% Muslim, 1.75 % Christian
- 10 languages; less than half with Scriptures
- Unemployment rates of 50 – 80%
- Interest in conversion brings risk of intense persecution
- 99.67% Muslim, .33% Christian
- Murder of Christians and converts is increasingly common
- Chaos has led to smugglers, terrorists, pirates, etc.
“The greatest time of gospel proclamation lies before us requiring a new measure of commitment, zeal and passion, embracing fresh innovations and technologies to reach them all.” (From Call2All Website)
- Mobilize and Go:
- If you are called or being called to Somalia, Yemen, Eritrea, or Djibouti, pray and consider joining the team in the Horn of Africa. Visitors are welcome. Email the team at: email@example.com.
- Learn more about Where YWAM is not.
- Identify areas for your location: http://4kworldmap.com/
- Get practical help and coaching in taking the next steps:
- Take advantage of YWAM coaches and field workers who will help you plan and begin work in unreached areas. Go to bridgestothelost.com
- Tell YWAMers what you sensed in prayer:
Go to facebook.com/youthwithamission
, find the post for December 10, and add a comment about how you prayed. Go to twitter.com; search for #praywithywam and tweet about your prayer time/post a picture.
Follow-Up From Last Month:
YWAM locations prayed for their own communities and specifically for immigrants in their area. YWAMers on Facebook asked for prayers for all of the refugee centers in Athens and that YWAM Sweden would be able to increase its ministry to immigrants and refugees. One YWAMer sensed that God is saying: YWAM is the epicenter for change that will create ripples of hope wherever our locations are.
Upcoming topics for The Invitation:
January 14, 2016 – Global Topic: A Picture of a Breakthrough in the Muslim World
February 11, 2016 – Praying for Local Concerns (Location and Community).
March 10, 2016 – Praying for Areas, and Where YWAM Is Not
April 14, 2016 – Global Topic
The second Thursday is just a suggestion. Feel free to pray close to that date at a time that works well for your location’s schedule.
Don’t Miss The Invitation:
- Sign up for prayer updates. Go to ywam.org, find the “Stay Connected” box on the home page, put in your email address and click “Sign Up.”
- Download prayer updates in a specific language. Go to ywam.org/theinvitation. (Currently available in Spanish, Portuguese, French, Indonesian, or request other languages.)
- Join the conversation about how God is leading in these prayer times. Comment on the Facebook post on the second Thursday at facebook.com/youthwithamission or on Twitter @ywam, hash tag #praywithywam.
- If you sense God giving you a word or a direction for YWAM’s prayer, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save The Date:
Next year’s YWAM family gathering in Kansas City will be completely different! If you feel you are part of the YWAM family, though you might be working in business or education or public service—or any of the spheres of influence—you are welcome.
Please plan to come: September 4-11, 2016 in Kansas City, Missouri; USA.